The GPL Blog

Moving to Kirkland, WA!

Address Update! GPL Tax & Accounting will be moving to Kirkland, WA on Thursday and Friday (December 29th and 30th) and will be up and running in our new location on Tuesday, January 3, 2017. Meanwhile, phones will be down but we are available via emails. Our new...

read more

GPL: Keeping You in the Know

Seattle: Business Licensing Fee Adjustments Effective January 1, 2017 the cost of a Seattle business license tax certificate will undergo adjustments. The following chart is taken from here. Cost of a business license tax certificate All business license tax...

read more

ITIN Update

Individual Tax Identification Number IRS Update to CAA Rules and ITIN’s Certifying Acceptance Agents (CAA) are more in demand than ever been. However, their ability to perform the much needed service to resident taxpayers has been limited by the IRS to certifying the...

read more

Financial record maintenance

The Importance of Maintaining Accurate Business and Personal Records As a tax accountant, I spend countless hours preparing personal and business tax returns. I also, spend much of my time explaining what information is to be maintained within the records used for all...

read more

Tax Outlook

The Congressional budget estimates a deficit of $590 billion for fiscal year 2016 with federal tax revenues reaching $3.3 trillion. Based on this estimate, the 2016 budget exceeds the 2015 budget by $152 billion. Now that I have infuriated so many people (please...

read more
Kiddie Tax

Kiddie Tax

Does your child need to file a tax return? As parents, we all try to do the responsible thing and put money away and/or create investment accounts for our children. A great thing is when the money starts making more money. Everyone likes that. As adults, we know we...

read more

WA Clean Fuel Credit Expansion

Washington State Clean Alternative Fuel Credit Expansion The State of Washington recently announced certain business credits available in 2016. Beginning July 1, 2016, if your business purchases, leases or modifies a commercial vehicle to run on alternative clean...

read more

About Us

GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to be in the best tax position while staying compliant with all tax regulations.

Learn More


Is rental income taxable?
Yes. In the U.S., you pay taxes on the amount left after you deduct all allowable and documented expenses from the rents paid.

What is the difference between Form 1040 and Form 1040EZ?
The 1040EZ is the simplest tax form. You can use it if your income is less than $100,000 per year and is from wages, salary, and tips reported on a W2, from unemployment compensation, your taxable interest is not more than $1,500, and you do not itemize your deductions. You cannot use a 1040EZ if you plan to claim dependents.

What is the difference between Form 1040A and Form 1040NR?
The 1040A is a simplified tax form that citizens and permanent residents of the United States use to file their tax returns. Form 1040NR is used by non-resident aliens who need to report income taxable in the U.S.

Contact Us

12220 113th AVE NE
Suite #100
Kirkland, WA 98034

Tel. (425) 502 9465
Fax. (425) 449 8712

Contact Us