When you need it, GPL Tax & Accounting can provide all the expertise and specialized knowledge needed to analyze efficiency and problem areas of your business, and apply it where you need it. If your business is growing rapidly or entering a new field of operation, you can enhance your chances of success by taking advantage of GPL’s CFO Services.
- Analyze your current business structure, identifying ways to save money and ways to enhance revenue streams.
- Provide sound financial management advice in decision-making, and will give you a fresh perspective on the facts through an independent review.
- Oversee your accounting staff to make sure you are receiving accurate and timely financial statements. If you need them, we can provide the accounting services as well.
- Convey the bookkeeping and balance sheet numbers to any audience and in a manner that people of any background can understand.
- Provide strategic focus. A wise man once said “if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” A key to having a successful business is a well implemented, long-term strategic plan that takes short-term goals, long-term goals, and exit strategies into account. GPL can create a plan based on the opportunities and challenges of the marketplace and within your business. It will serve as a roadmap to increased success.
Question: Is my company too small to need a CFO?
Answer: The need for sound financial management is not a function of size. Small companies as well as large ones benefit from the services of a CFO, but small companies usually don’t need these services on a day-to-day basis. That’s where GPL comes in. We provide a way for companies of all sizes to get the financial management they need, as they need it, without the cost of a full-time executive officer.
We provide personalized service to each of our clients, working with you when and how you need it. We don’t just find and fix problems. We identify opportunities to help your business be better and we show you how to implement corrective actions. We create long term solutions and anticipate future needs so your company can reach its goals.
GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your business accounting and planning needs. We provide all the tools and know-how you need to plan and grow your business, while staying compliant with local, state, federal, and international tax regulations. We deliver our services in ways that are tailored specifically to your needs and situation, whether that means working with you in person or leveraging the latest and most secure web-based technologies.
What is the difference between a Controller and a CFO (Chief Financial Officer)?
A CFO takes accounting results to the next level. While a Controller fully understands accounting and accounting systems, a CFO will take a more forward look at business by projecting, forecasting, managing cash flow, and planning for future growth.
The CFO is responsible for the overall financial health of the company. In addition to supervising the Controller, the CFO is responsible for Treasury functions (cash), financing (debt), Information Technology, Legal, External Accountants, and provides the answers to the CEO and the shareholders. The CFO also provides the CEO and shareholders a picture of the future. He acts as the visionary for growth and provides critical financial guidance.
Can't my CPA firm take care of these CFO tasks?
Being a CFO, whether on a full-time or part-time basis is much more than being able to crunch numbers or to fill out a tax form. A CFO is multi-faceted. A good one has lots of first-hand experience wearing many hats including administration, management accounting, production, purchasing, human resources, facilities, contracting, and negotiations in addition to having strong finance skills. Above all, a good small business CFO must be business savvy.
My company is doing fine, and I have good accountants. What benefit would a CFO be to me?