Cheryl Sullivan

Senior Tax Preparer


Over 20 years ago Cheryl began working for a family member’s accounting business and discovered that she really enjoyed it. She has worked in the private industry and also public accounting, including several years working for a national firm in Kirkland, Washington.
Cheryl enjoys helping small to large business clients with their bookkeeping, payroll, QuickBooks, and at the end of the year also helping them assemble the needed information for preparation of their business tax returns.

Since coming to GPL she has started working in the business tax department and is focusing on tax compliance. She has built long term relationships with clients by always providing excellent service. After working for several public accounting firms, she feels that at GPL Tax & Accounting, she has finally found a home with a great team environment with the focus on client service and employee relations. She believes that good communication is the first step in providing the best service possible.

Cheryl is a true Washingtonian. She has lived in Kirkland from childhood and has seen the many changes and growth in development of the surrounding communities. She owns a home in Bothell with her husband Mark and her two adorable Pekinese dogs Grace and Little Bits. She enjoys spending time with friends and family, traveling, going to the gym, yoga and cultural arts.

About Us

GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to plan and grow your business, while staying compliant with local, state, federal, and international tax regulations.

Learn More


Is rental income taxable?

Yes. In the U.S., you pay taxes on the amount left after you deduct all allowable and documented expenses from the rents paid.

What is the difference between Form 1040 and Form 1040EZ?

The 1040EZ is the simplest tax form. You can use it if your income is less than $100,000 per year and is from wages, salary, and tips reported on a W2, from unemployment compensation, your taxable interest is not more than $1,500, and you do not itemize your deductions. You cannot use a 1040EZ if you plan to claim dependents.

What is the difference between Form 1040A and Form 1040NR?

The 1040A is a simplified tax form that citizens and permanent residents of the United States use to file their tax returns. Form 1040NR is used by non-resident aliens who need to report income taxable in the U.S.

Is my company too small to need a CFO?

The need for sound financial management is not a function of size. Small companies as well as large ones benefit from the services of a CFO, but small companies usually don’t need these services on a day-to-day basis. That’s where GPL comes in. We provide a way for companies of all sizes to get the financial management they need, as they need it, without the cost of a full-time executive officer.

Contact Us

11820 Northup way,
Suite E-310,
Bellevue, WA 98005

Tel. (425) 502 9465
Fax. (425) 449 8712

Contact Us