Dwayne Bishop, CMA

CFO Services Consultant


Dwayne comes into the accounting field from a background of entrepreneurialism and business coaching. Dwayne founded a local student painting company and grew it into a regional powerhouse with over 250 seasonal employees and operations in five states before successfully exiting in 2010. During that time period he learned the power of proactive financial analysis and modeling and the importance of continual compliance with tax and regulatory agencies. Dwayne chose to focus on the accounting and finance field in the next stage of his career for the specific purpose of helping other business owners navigate the opportunities and challenges of entrepreneurialism.

A recent addition to the GPL Management Team, Dwayne is providing leadership for the growing accounting and bookkeeping staff, assisting with the strategic growth plans of GPL, and providing CFO Services to our customers seeking help in understanding and planning the finances of their own firms. As a former business owner, Dwayne’s primary interest is in the managerial and cost side of accounting – creating and using financial statements and information to use in the everyday and strategic functions of business. Dwayne is a graduate of the University of Washington with a Bachelor’s Degree in Comparative History of Ideas and an Accounting Certificate from the Michael G. Foster School of Business. He is a Bellevue native and father of two.

About Us

GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to plan and grow your business, while staying compliant with local, state, federal, and international tax regulations.

Learn More


Is rental income taxable?

Yes. In the U.S., you pay taxes on the amount left after you deduct all allowable and documented expenses from the rents paid.

What is the difference between Form 1040 and Form 1040EZ?

The 1040EZ is the simplest tax form. You can use it if your income is less than $100,000 per year and is from wages, salary, and tips reported on a W2, from unemployment compensation, your taxable interest is not more than $1,500, and you do not itemize your deductions. You cannot use a 1040EZ if you plan to claim dependents.

What is the difference between Form 1040A and Form 1040NR?

The 1040A is a simplified tax form that citizens and permanent residents of the United States use to file their tax returns. Form 1040NR is used by non-resident aliens who need to report income taxable in the U.S.

Is my company too small to need a CFO?

The need for sound financial management is not a function of size. Small companies as well as large ones benefit from the services of a CFO, but small companies usually don’t need these services on a day-to-day basis. That’s where GPL comes in. We provide a way for companies of all sizes to get the financial management they need, as they need it, without the cost of a full-time executive officer.

Contact Us

11820 Northup way,
Suite E-310,
Bellevue, WA 98005

Tel. (425) 502 9465
Fax. (425) 449 8712

Contact Us