Federal Tax Audit Services
Few things are more stressful than being audited by the IRS. Whether it’s on the personal or business front, knowing that you are facing the scrutiny of a powerful government agency can lead to many sleepless nights. If handled correctly, however, the length of an audit can be abbreviated, and your suffering can be reduced. The first step is to make sure have qualified help on your side. Just like you should never represent yourself in a legal proceeding, so should you never represent yourself in an IRS audit. You should let GPL’s enrolled agents represent you
- Carefully review your audit notice and propose a course of action during a free initial consultation.
- Prepare any needed written responses, including amended returns that must be prepared.
- Organize and prepare documents for submission that the IRS has requested, in a format and manner that experience has shown IRS agents prefer.
- Prepare unfiled returns from past years, as far back as is needed.
- Our enrolled agent will represent you before an IRS auditor in person if needed. You will not even have to attend the audit.
Question: Does filing a 1040X (an amended return) increase my chance of being audited?
Answer: No. Filing an amended return does not affect the selection process of the original return. However, amended returns also go through a screening process and the amended return may be selected for audit. Still, you’re probably better off correcting an error on your tax return on your own rather than having the IRS find it and make you correct it.
Our tax resolution department is backed up by a dream team of in-house bookkeepers, accountants, and business analysts. Between them, there is nothing they haven’t seen. We can get you ready for the audit, and we can state your case to the auditor in a way that will get you the fairest possible outcome. We will be by your side throughout the entire process and even beyond. We are more than just a tax resolution firm, and we are available to help you with whatever your tax and accounting needs may be.
GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to be in the best tax position while staying compliant with all tax regulations.
Do I need a lawyer if the IRS is auditing me?
What is 'quiet disclosure'?