Payroll Accounting Services
Whether you have employees, work with contractors, or have employee benefits programs to manage, GPL will make sure that your payroll taxes are done accurately, efficiently, and on time.
- Calculate federal and state payroll taxes (FICA, FUTA, and SUTA) and keep you appraised of when they must be paid.
- Calculate federal and state withholding payments and keep you appraised of when they must be paid.
- Ensure that any and all tax credits are applied for at the local, state, and federal level.
- Properly track payroll deductions related to employee benefit programs.
- Keep all records to the highest compliance standards in case of future audits.
- Prepare all year-end W2 and 1099 statements, both for submission to employees and the IRS.
Question: What are payroll taxes?
Answer: Payroll taxes are the state and federal taxes that employers required to withhold and/or to pay on behalf of your employees. Employers are required to withhold state and federal income taxes as well as social security and Medicare taxes from your employees’ wages.
GPL understands the mix of employees, vendors, and independent contractors that the modern employer contends with while operating their business. Whether you have a staff of 5 or 500, GPL’s payroll accounting experts will seamlessly integrate your payroll expenses and taxes into the overall accounting for your business. This effort, in turn, will integrate seamlessly into your business tax preparation process, whether you use our tax services or not. We are a results-oriented firm, and we always keep the big picture in mind.
GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle all your tax preparation and accounting needs. We provides all the tools and know-how you need to plan and grow your business while staying compliant with local, state, federal, and international tax regulations.
What’s the difference between an employee and an independent contractor?
Do I withhold and pay payroll taxes for an independent contractor?
What is does “base FUTA wage” mean?