Relocation Assistance Services

You already have enough to worry about with relocating to another country, so let GPL take a little of the stress away by helping you get situated financially. We can help you chart the easiest course to:


  • Building a credit history – essentially for many aspects of life in the U.S.
  • Finding the right place to live – go from renting to owning your own home, without costly missteps.
  • Getting familiar with working life in America – which is a very different experience than virtually anywhere else in the world.
  • Filing the right tax returns, at the right times, and with the right authorities – the U.S. tax system is multi-layered, varies depending on where in the nation you life, and very complex under the surface. We can prevent early misunderstandings from becoming big problems for you in the future.
  • Securing health coverage – people in the U.S. are responsible for paying for their own health care and health insurance plans.
  • Getting the right kinds of U.S. IDs and tax identification numbers.

Question: Why do I need a credit card? Can’t I just pay cash for everything like I do back home?

Answer: Many American landlords check “credit scores” before renting to you. You will also get more favorable loan rates if you have a good credit history


More FAQs

Why GPL?

GPL Tax & Accounting is an international firm based in the US with staff from Israel, India, and other nations around the world. We understand the difficulty first-hand of relocating to the U.S., and our experience can make arriving and getting settled in the U.S. easier for you. We are at the center of an eco-system of knowledge, and we can help you get the connections you need to start your new life.


Our Team

Shahar Plinner

Shahar Plinner

CEO, Senior Tax & Business Consultant

Padma Ramanujam

Padma Ramanujam

Tax Specialist

About Us

GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to plan and grow your business while staying compliant with local, state, federal, and international tax regulations.

Learn More


What do I need to file taxes in the US?
Year-end statements from banks and financial institutions (such as Forms 1098 and various Forms1099s), year-end statements from employers (such as Forms W2, Forms 1099), social security numbers (SSN) for tax identification numbers (ITN) for your source and dependents, an SSN or ITIN for yourself, and tax identification numbers for any business entities you own. You will also need detailed information on any overseas accounts you own with more than $10,000 in them.

When are my state income taxes due?
Most states have filing deadlines that correspond with the IRS. Some may have different dates depending on state-specific holidays or different rules for filing extensions.

How do I file my Washington State income tax return?
Washington State does not have an income tax. Individuals do not file state returns.

Contact Us

12220 113th AVE NE
Suite #100
Kirkland, WA 98034

Tel. (425) 502 9465
Fax. (425) 449 8712

Contact Us