Shahar Plinner, CEO

Senior Tax and Business Consultant


Shahar graduated from The Interdisciplinary Center in Herzelia, Israel where he earned his BA in Business and Finance. Soon after, he joined a family owned Insurance business where he was responsible for developing the business strategy for the local market. His entrepreneurial desire and the search for new challenges lead him and Ortal, his wife, to move to Washington State where he joined a nation-wide tax practice. The success was immediate and the local branch in Kirkland, WA became one of the leading branches of the company in the US.

In 2010 after gaining extensive tax and accounting experience, Shahar became a member of GPL team as a senior tax consultant who is also responsible for the business development strategy and the outside relationship of GPL with the local business community. In 2013, he became GPL’s CEO.

Shahar specializes in business and foreign taxation and has a deep understating of how to choose the right entity and maintain the best practice for a business. His unique approach to doing business has become his trademark.

During tax season of 2010 Shahar was part of the IRS VITA program (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) which provides free tax help for taxpayers who qualify. He commented, “This is a lifetime experience to be able to help those who cannot afford to pay for services and provide them with the best tax solutions as a client. I will definitely do it again.”

Shahar also has an MBA from Seattle University. He lives in Redmond, with his wife and two children.

About Us

GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to plan and grow your business, while staying compliant with local, state, federal, and international tax regulations.

Learn More


Is rental income taxable?

Yes. In the U.S., you pay taxes on the amount left after you deduct all allowable and documented expenses from the rents paid.

What is the difference between Form 1040 and Form 1040EZ?

The 1040EZ is the simplest tax form. You can use it if your income is less than $100,000 per year and is from wages, salary, and tips reported on a W2, from unemployment compensation, your taxable interest is not more than $1,500, and you do not itemize your deductions. You cannot use a 1040EZ if you plan to claim dependents.

What is the difference between Form 1040A and Form 1040NR?

The 1040A is a simplified tax form that citizens and permanent residents of the United States use to file their tax returns. Form 1040NR is used by non-resident aliens who need to report income taxable in the U.S.

Is my company too small to need a CFO?

The need for sound financial management is not a function of size. Small companies as well as large ones benefit from the services of a CFO, but small companies usually don’t need these services on a day-to-day basis. That’s where GPL comes in. We provide a way for companies of all sizes to get the financial management they need, as they need it, without the cost of a full-time executive officer.

Contact Us

11820 Northup way,
Suite E-310,
Bellevue, WA 98005

Tel. (425) 502 9465
Fax. (425) 449 8712

Contact Us