State Tax Audit Services
GPL serves clients across the nation, so our tax resolution specialists are familiar with the many and varied tax laws that exist from state to state. Whether you are facing an audit on the personal or business front, we can help. It’s important t0 present the state with records that support your claim of having made proper tax payments. If you can’t, you will be found in arrears and may face fines and penalties that can cripple your finances and even bankrupt your business.
- Review notices from the state taxing authorities and give you advice during an initial free consultation, no matter where you are in the nation or the world.
- Prepare responses on your behalf.
- Prepare any amended tax documents that may be required.
- Review company’s transaction records and tax filings for accuracy and call discrepancies to your attention.
- Verify your company’s workers’ compensation risk classification is up to date and accurate.
- Review your employment records to verify that you have properly classified employees and independent contractors.
- Represent you before the state auditors, making your case to them on your behalf.
Question: Can you guarantee that you will get the state to wave penalties?
Answer: No. Any tax resolution firm that makes such a promise is being dishonest with you. If there was an error in your tax filing, there is no certainty that interest and penalties can be complete removed. We will fight as hard as we can to minimize them, however.
Our tax resolution experts work with businesses and individuals across the nation, and we have systems in place to work with you remotely if needed. We understand that no two situations are alike, and we approach each case as the unique situation that it is. You will never be given anything but the most personalized attention at GPL, We will tirelessly stand by you to ensure that you are treated fairly and that any taxes you pay or any penalties that may be assessed are fair and accurate. We are also more than just a tax resolution firm. We are here for you even after the state audit is over, with tax specialists and accountants who will help you avoid tax problems in the future.
GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to be in the best tax position while staying compliant with all tax regulations.
What states can GPL represent me in?
When are my state income taxes due?
What if I no longer have time-sheets for my workers on file?