We currently have a career opportunity for a Tax Manager in our office. GPL provides clients with tax guidance and planning related to working capital and long-term assets, as well as legislative analysis in the area of tax policy. Our people work on key client issues in domestic federal & international taxation and, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client’s business objectives; corporate tax; pass-through entities; S corporations; and industry focus.
This is a full time position that offers a competitive salary and full benefits.
- Review individual, estate, trust tax and business tax returns
- Perform sophisticated income and wealth transfer tax planning
- Ability to perform complex tax research
- Recognize, research, document and satisfactorily resolve technical tax issues
- Supervise/mentor team members assigned to client engagements and/or assignments
- Consulting with/for clients
- Conduct in-house training
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers, team members, in addition to client personnel
- Coordinate and lead tax exams at both the federal and state levels
- Assist in proposals and business development for new and prospective clients
- CPA required, JD or EA
- 5 or more years of tax compliance and consulting experience
- Public accounting experience is required
- Experience working with high net worth families, estates and trusts
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to continuous learning
- A high-level knowledge and understanding of the following tax-related topics:
- Business tax forms (1065, 1120, 1120S, 1041)
- Individual and fiduciary tax compliance requirements
- IRS exams
- Income tax and wealth transfer planning
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and leadership ability
- Have the ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, analytical and research abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs & Intuit QuickBooks.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting theory necessary to ascertain potential tax ramifications of complex business transactions
GPL Tax & Accounting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with GPL is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to plan and grow your business, while staying compliant with local, state, federal, and international tax regulations.