GPL is an IRS Registered Acceptance Agent with a staff of experts in the process of applying for ITINs.

We will:

  • Prepare all tax documents (such as tax returns and Form W7) that must be submitted with the application and that are related to the transactions making an ITIN necessary.
  • Simplify the applications process, by virtue of the fact that we are an IRS-authorized Acceptance Agent.
  • Verify that all documentation required by the IRS is correct and attached.
  • Serve as an intermediary between you and the IRS.
  • Provide translation services for select documents.



Question: Can I apply for an ITIN while abroad?

Answer: Yes, but it is difficult. In addition to all the usual requirements, you will need to have your supporting documents verified at a U.S. Consulate, or at a foreign IRS center (which are located in a small handful of cities around the world). You would also be well served by securing the involvement of a Sates-side Certified Acceptance Agent.


More FAQs

Why GPL?

As an IRS Acceptance Agent, we can make the process of applying for ITINs simple. Our staff have also prepared many such applications, so we know the steps that are needed and when they need to be taken so that the application will be processed by the IRS without undue delays.


Our Team

Padma Ramanujam

Padma Ramanujam

Tax Specialist

About Us

GPL Tax & Accounting is here to handle your personal and business tax preparation and planning needs. We can also handle your bookkeeping and accounting requirements. GPL provides all the tools and know-how you need to be in the best tax position while staying compliant with all tax regulations.

Learn More


Who should apply for an ITIN?
Any one that is in one of the following categories and does not have, never has had or is ineligible for a U.S. Social Security Number:

  • A Nonresident alien required to obtain an ITIN to claim a tax treaty benefit
  • • A Nonresident alien filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for an SSN
  • • A Nonresident alien filing a U.S. tax return only to claim a refund
  • • A U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return and not eligible for an SSN.
  • • Nonresident alien student, professor, or researcher filing a U.S. tax return

Can I use an ITIN for anything except tax returns and other IRS filings?


12220 113th AVE NE, Suite #100,
Kirkland, WA 98034
Tel. (425) 502 9465 | Fax. (425) 449 8712